EPrime display settings for widescreen monitors

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 17:29:35 UTC 2014

Hi Kaitlyn,

This depends on the software options of the graphics card of the laptop.
Most drivers have options to select the display modes: scale full screen
on/off and keep aspect ratio on/off. Scaling is in some cases acceptable,
but only if the aspect ratio is unchanged. Those options can typically be
configured using manufacturer-specific software. For example Radeon
graphics cards come with Catalyst Control Center, but other manufacturers
offer similar configuration software. Another workaround is to connect an
external monitor that has the desired resolution. However, video timing
might be less accurate in that case.

Best
Paul