Nested List Not Following Selection Rules

Noam Schneck noam.schneck at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 16:23:51 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I have a task in which a slide object is used to present four words
(Positive1, Positive2, Negative1, Negative2).  Each word is selected
randomly from a list that contains 85 words in total.  This list "Wordlist"
is nested into the master list.  I am trying to set the wordlist so that no
words will repeat within a block (24 runs) but that they can repeat across
blocks.  I set the parameters of the wordlist to random selection with
replacement after reset.  I set the reset at 24 samples.

HOWEVER....E-prime seems to have a different plan.  When I run a test on
the task I find that the program goes through the first 3 blocks (72
samples) without ever repeating a single word and than in the fourth block
it begins repeating words within the block.  I cannot figure out why this
is happening and I have attached the experiment file. Please help!

Noam