Sound onset and response time issues

Zilong Xie xzilong at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 19:34:17 UTC 2014

    Hi E-Prime experts,
     In my experiment, in each trial, I presented a sound and
simultaneously collected response to the sound with the slide object. When
I checked the edat2 file, I noticed that there was onset delay of about 100
ms (the time scale in the edat2 file is ms, right?) in the slide object. So
my questions are:
   (1) How can I reduce the onset delay of the slide object?
   (2) Is the RT recorded here relative to the actual onset of the sound or
the expected onset of the sound?
   (3) In the case of large onset delay, can I trust the RT values reported
in the edat2 file? And how can I get the actual RT values?

  Thanks!

best,
Zilong