Response collection over blank

Aad Pors aadpors at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 07:43:41 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I'll try to be short.

Stimulus setup: text screen with stimulus (StimExp) is presented for 250
ms, followed by an empty text screen (BlankExp) for 900 ms. This cycle is
repeated multiple times with different contents of the stimulus screen.
I want to collect multiple keyboard 'b' presses and releases (b{-b}, max
count 10). This works to the extent that I can indeed collect all these
Duration properties Time Limit (1150 ms). Responses that are provided
whilst the blank is being presented are not recorded. What can I do about
that? The InLIne reads as follows:

Dim theResponseObject As RteRunnableInputObject
Set theResponseObject = CRteRunnableInputObject(Rte.GetObject("StimExp"))

'If the assert below fires, then the object named in the line above does
not exist
Debug.Assert Not theResponseObject Is Nothing

'Counter variable for the number of responses made
Dim nPressCount As Long

'Counter variable
Dim nIndex As Integer

'Used to set attributes for statistics
Dim strStatistic As String
 'Enumerate through the response collection
'If any of the responses were made by the keyboard, display
'the statistics to the user.
For nIndex = 1 To theResponseObject.InputMasks.Responses.Count

'Set theKeyboardResponseData equal to the current keyboard response
Dim theKeyboardResponseData As KeyboardResponseData
Set theKeyboardResponseData =
CKeyboardResponseData(theResponseObject.InputMasks.Responses(nIndex))
If Not theKeyboardResponseData Is Nothing Then

'Increment the press count
nPressCount = nPressCount + 1

'Log reaction time and response for each key press.
c.SetAttrib "KeyPress" & nIndex & "RT", theKeyboardResponseData.RT
c.SetAttrib "KeyPress" & nIndex & "RESP", theKeyboardResponseData.RESP
 End If

Next 'nIndex