Displaying a countdown timer for participants

Cognitology mspape at cognitology.eu
Fri Aug 29 11:54:19 UTC 2014

Hi,
Oops, correction:

1. Have a textDisplay, we call it PreText, duration 1, timelimit 10000 (or end of procedure, that also works). Add keyboard.
2. Add inline after this PreText:

'---------
Dim cnvs As canvas
Dim percdone As Integer
Set cnvs = Display.Canvas
cnvs.PenColor = CColor("black")
cnvs.FillColor = CColor("white")

cnvs.Rectangle Display.Xres / 2-100,Display.Yres / 2-10, 200, 20 'draw bar cnvs.FillColor = CColor("red") Do 'specially for David McFarlane, I'd use WHILE sneakily
    percdone = (clock.read - PreText.OnsetTime) / 100
    cnvs.Rectangle Display.Xres / 2-100,Display.Yres / 2-10, 2*percdone, 20 'draw filler
    sleep 10
Loop Until ((clock.read - PreText.OnsetTime) > 10000) Or PreText.RESP <> "" 'because loop until sounds silly.

It works in EP2, probably in 1 as well. It shows a bar for 10 s, overlaying with whatever is on the screen (make PreText transparent for more options), and shows until end of response or end of 10s.