How to code parallel tasks?

Kate Cox katehmcox at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 07:30:00 UTC 2014

Hi Eric
I am very new to creating tasks using script in eprime and have been
struggling to make a dual attention task which I think is very similar to
the one you you described.
I need participants to use their mouse to track a moving target on screen
while simultaneously listening to a audio file (or a series of individual
audio files) that gives them a list of things they'll need to remember in a
later memory task.

I was wondering if you could give me any advice on how you created your
task. I've tried adapting with the Track Mouse Coordinates sample on the
PST website to at least get the tracking/pursuit task working but being so
new to scripts I'm having real trouble as I've only ever used e-objects to
create tasks and never used the canvas feature before.

Any help you can offer would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
Kate