Onset delay for playing audio on a slide

Cognitology mspape at cognitology.eu
Thu Feb 27 14:54:10 UTC 2014

Hi Mihai,

Am I late and has this been responded to? There are myriad options to get this sorted, from the top of my head:

·         Make the sounds to start at time … ms by just adding milliseconds of silence to the audio files (I used cooledit in the past for this sort of thing – it’s now called adobe audition and I believe there’s a free trial)

·         You could show the same slide at a very fast interval (say 60 Hz) without the subject noticing (i.e. it just refreshes the slide).

·         So, with the above point, do notice, the fact that you want to show each picture 6 s doesn’t mean that you need to have the duration at 6 s. That means you might as well show a picture for 2 ms, have a wait object and play the sound at time point x.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Michiel