process mouse or keyboard input without clearing slide?

JACanterbury jacanterbury at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 16:46:29 UTC 2014

Hi,

I was hoping for a few pointers to save me going down too many dead ends.

I want to display an image full screen and then get the participant to
click at various points of interest around the screen.

The might click many times.

I will terminate either on a timer, or possibly by keyboard input

Wherever the participant clicks, I want to display a marker on the screen
at the location they clicked.

I need to record somehow in a results file where and when they clicked.

Does anyone done anything similar before or have any advice?

I was thinking that perhaps it could be done all in ebasic without any
slide objects. can i create and display a slide, and sub objects all from
code and then just loop around waiting for mouse/keyboard input?

Alternatively, is it possible to process input on a normal slide without
the slide being terminated?

Many thanks for your inspiration/advice,

John