Joystick attributes fail in 2.0.10

Steffen Pohl pohl_steeve at gmx.net
Fri Jan 24 17:55:23 UTC 2014

Hey all,

I've got a joystick script written for E-Prime 2.0.8.90, that works
abolutely fine for that, but using it in any 2.0.10 build leads the script
generator to not recognizing the attributes of the CJoystickResponseData object
used. These are for example IsButton1 to IsButton8 and CursorX / CursorY. I
tried to consult the changelog between 2.0.8 and 2.0.10 and the reference
guide for joystick usage, but found nothing in there that would explain
that. The code I use is in fact nearly the same like the example described
in the reference.

For clarity a snippet that reproduces this:

Set joyresponse =
CJoystickResponseData(Joystick.History(Joystick.History.Count))
c.SetAttrib "ResponseBtn1", joyresponse.IsButton1

I am experiencing an error in the second line, where IsButton1 is not
accepted as a valid Attribute of joyresponse.

For my projects I am using a professional edition of E-Prime. Also there is
one joystick attached to the machine, that is installed and accessible and
works absolutely fine - in 2.0.8.

So why doesn't it work for the newest build and how can I fix that?

many thanks in advance,
Steffen