Displaying a stimuli for a random amount of time

Mark Versella markversella at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 14:19:20 UTC 2014

Hi all, hoping to get some help with a small hiccup that I've been
experiencing in putting together my program in Eprime 2.0. I'm a novice
when it comes to working with this software, so pardon my use of any
incorrect terminology.

What I'm trying to do is display a stimuli for a random amount of time,
within a set range (1 to 3 seconds). The task I'm programming calls for a
variable inter-trial interval, and I'm not sure how exactly to write that
in. Any guidance on how to do this through the tools Eprime provides would
be much appreciated (as I have very limited experience working with
syntax), but if the only option is to write this in manually, that would be
fine too. Thanks so much!