Displaying a stimuli for a random amount of time

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Jan 28 15:45:43 UTC 2014

Without knowing any more details, offhand I would just add a list of
duration values to a List, set that to run in random order, and then
use those values as an attribute reference for Duration in the
stimulus object -- i.e., if you name the List attribute "StimDur",
use "[StimDur]" in the Duration of the object.  Beyond that, I might
put the durations in a nested List -- see the nested List tutorial in
Appendix C of the User's Guide that came with E-Prime.

If you have not already, you should first work through *all* of the
tutorials in all the manuals that came with E-Prime, it will save you
(and others) a lot of trouble.  See also
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/VCXgOWjKtCg .

(BTW, as far as terminology goes, "stimuli" is the plural form,
"stimulus" the singular -- so, either "displaying a stimulus" or
"diplaying stimuli".)

Best,
-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster )

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at https://support.pstnet.com , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST offers several instructional videos on their
YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ).  4) If you do
get an answer from PST staff, please extend the courtesy of posting
their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----