How to timestamp the Spacebar multiple times per slide within a free recall paradigm

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jan 30 16:58:26 UTC 2014

Start with the MultipleResponseCollection.es example that you may
download from the PST website.  That will introduce you to
InputMask.Responses, and you may look at that topic in the E-Basic
Help facility for more information.

That will get you timestamps for *every* keystroke, including the
spacebar.  You could then write code to log only the spacebar times,
or go ahead and log everything and then pull out just what you want
later, or log every keystroke *plus* times when they press space,
it's all up to you.

BTW, in case you or anyone then wants to decode all the {key}
nomenclature into normal characters, see the "KeyCodeMap" program at
http://step.psy.cmu.edu/scripts-plus .

Hope that helps,
-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster )

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at https://support.pstnet.com , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST offers several instructional videos on their
YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ).  4) If you do
get an answer from PST staff, please extend the courtesy of posting
their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----