Minimum trial length before termination response is allowed

Clab res clab.researcher at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 19:09:12 UTC 2014

Hi all--first time posting here.

My question is, I am running an experiment in which subjects have to type
1-word answers per trial.

The time limit of each trial is unlimited as intended.

Subjects are instructed to press "ENTER" after finishing typing; this
advances to the next trial.

However, I would like to add the following:

   - Is it possible for there to be a minimum trial duration before
   pressing "ENTER" terminates the trial?
   - OR, is it possible for there to be a minimum number of letters (e.g.,
   3) typed before the trial can be terminated?

We have had subjects press "ENTER" reflexively without typing anything, and
I was wondering if there was some sort of inline script that could be added
to prevent this.

Thanks for any suggestions!