Question about setting up a wav file to repeat throughout experiment

Cognitology mspape at cognitology.eu
Mon Jul 14 13:55:05 UTC 2014

Hi,

Did you succeed yet?

I thought this wasn’t possible, actually, thinking that whatever you create the sound object as will be permanent. But, not so; the sounddevice itself (turn on sound device in experiment settings, will create global “sound” object) can be adjusted. For example, if you have a soundout object (let’s call it soundout1, and make it play windows critical stop or some such, set it to loop, turn on volume control, and delete it/make it unreferenced), this will work:

Dim i As Integer

soundout1.Play

For i = -10000 To 0 Step 100

      sound.Volume = i

      debug.print i

      sleep 100

Next i

sleep 2000

It looks better if you use a dual monitor setup and check the debug screen.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Michiel