Exact start time

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 11:46:25 UTC 2014

If you don't  need accuracy under 100 ms, you could use the TCP/IP
communication protocol, which is also supported by EPrime when using inline
script. However, that would not be good enough for most EEG/ERP
experiments, so in that case you could use the other (LSL) protocol. The
downside of that is that LSL is not supported by eprime, and the only way
to implement it would be to use an external DLL or COM object that is
programmed in a programming language like C++. (Which requires serious
programming skills.) So, when that is not an option, you should probably
buy the TTL input recorder because it is not very difficult to generate the
TTL trigger on computers that have a parallel printer port. (Double check
this on the PC you are going to use for EPrime.) By using the trigger
input, you will loose the option to send unique markers for specific events
or types of stimuli. Perhaps it would be possible to combine the TTL input
recorder and TCP/IP to get the best of both worlds: sufficient accuracy and
coded markers.

Paul