Naming a specific trial in the trial list

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 08:17:20 UTC 2014

Hi Jerry,

There are several way's to do such a thing without using inline script. If
the trial list is ran sequentially, you could simply add a specific trial
procedure by inserting a row into the list at level 250. This specific
trial could have a different name and is configured completely independent
of the other trials. However, if you use some kind of trial order
randomization, things become slightly more complicated. In that case you
would have to put the special trials in a separate list. The two lists with
regular and special trials can then be used as nested lists in a master
trial list. The master trial list can have two levels: the first having
weight=250, nested list=RegularTrialList and proc=RegularTrialProc; the
second having weight=1, nested list=SpecialTrialList and
proc=SpecialTrialProc.

Lots of trial and block orders are possible when using nested lists this
way.

Best
Paul