Score based on reaction time

David Ruvolo davidruvolo51 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 13:57:00 UTC 2014

Hi Semeon,

I am currently using the IGT.  Let me see if I am on the right page, for
each trial are you wanting to capture the reaction time and create a score
based upon the RT of that trial? What criteria are you using for the
"score" (such as RT < X ms or RT > Yms)?  The display is fairly
straightforward.  You could probably create a txt box on the presentation
screen and which you could call the score variable, but it might get a
little tricky.  Maybe create a feedback screen after each trial? Are you
displaying the score similarly to the won/borrowed bars as in the original
task?

I am thinking this could be accomplished using an in-line script where you
call the RT for each trial (e.g., "mystimulusscreen.RT") and then you can
use a IF/THEN statement to assign a "score" with it.  If you want to save
the score to the output file, assign the score to the .TAG attribute (found
in the Properties/Logging tab).

Hope that is a good start.

- David