Prerelease and data logging

Cecilia Westbrook ceci.westbrook at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 18:49:17 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm sure this is covered in another thread, but I was not able to find it
with searches. I'm using E-Prime for an fMRI task with critical timing. I'm
using prerelease for my stimuli, but I'm seeing some weirdness in my data
logging files. For stims with 200ms prerelease, it seems like it is logging
them as the onsettime + 200ms. Shouldn't it be -200ms?

I see this in two ways: 1) if I look at the onsettime and the offset time
and subtract them to get a duration, it is 200ms SHORTER than it should be
(seems like it should be 200ms LONGER). 2) If I log the offsettime of the
stim immediately preceeding it, the onsettime is 200ms later (even though
it should be displaying at the same time as the offset time of the previous
stim, right? +/- a little bit of delay in offsettime - but not 200ms of
delay, surely?).

What is going on? Does anybody have any advice? Is the most accurate thing
to do to just use the offsettime of the preceeding stim?

Thanks,
Ceci