deactivatedisable mouse for a certain time period

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 19:29:29 UTC 2014

Hi Irini,

The mouse responses are only handled by eprime when the mouse device is
added as Input Mask in the *active *E-Object (such as as slide). If it's
not included, EPrime will ignore mouse clicks. The MouseDevice object can
also be programmed using inline script, for example to show or hide the
cursor. (The EBasic manual contains examples for doing so.)

However, you mention that you would like to prevent program crashes. In my
experience, EPrime will crash as soon as it is not the active program on
the desktop anymore. This can happen, for example, if you have two displays
attached to the computer, and the windows desktop is extended across both.
Any mouse click on the second screen will cause serious problems. The same
happens when you accidentally press a key on the keyboard that causes
another program to become active (like the Windows key). I'm not sure if
there is an easy workaround for this because Windows handles such key and
mouse presses itself, even if ERun is active. I know there are tools to
disable certain key's system wide, but that won't be an option to disable
the mouse at specific time points during the experiment. If the second
display (if any) is indeed the problem, the easiest workaround is to
disconnect or disable the second display before starting EPrime. Another
option is to use the second display in EPrime to display a dummy Text or
Slide object. (The multiple display option is available in EP 2 pro).

Best
Paul