controlling when participant can respond/feedback options

amy.henderson83 at gmail.com amy.henderson83 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 23:15:44 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I have two problems that are probably pretty easy to solve but searching
online and looking at the instruction manual hasn't helped me so bear with
me,

First, is there a way to control when the participant is able to respond?
Im doing an audio experiment in which a participant has to respond 'yes' or
'no' to whether or not a sentence makes sense. Id like it to be set so that
the participant isn't able to respond until the audio is over but I haven't
figured out how to do that so right now, the participant can respond as
soon as the audio starts which I definitely do not want.

My second problem is that my experiment only seems to work if the feedback
option is on. I don't want to keep the feedback option because Im afraid
that participants will get nervous if they can see their results for every
single response they make. When I took the feedback off, the script
generated just fine but when I ran the experiment after responding to the
first item, the screen just froze in place after that response and wouldn't
move forward. if the feedback is on, I can go through the experiment
without any trouble.

Thanks for the help