Using a Projector in an MRI

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 00:37:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

This projector seems to be a regular LCD-type device that will be connected
to the video card of the PC. Just like a normal display, so for E-Prime
there is nothing special about this. Depending on the hardware setup, the
projector could be connected as primary display device, or as secondary
display device in an extended desktop configuration. In the latter case you
will have to specify the display number in the display device properties of
E-Studio to send the output to the correct video port. Also note that the
image quality is only optimal when the native resolution of the LCD is used
(1024x768). Other resolutions might be supported, but are displayed with
interpolated pixels. Brightness and pixel response times might be
sub-optimal for these kind of devices, so keep this in mind if that is
critical for your research.

Synchronization between the MRI scanner and E-Prime is typically done using
a digital trigger signal on one of the input ports of the PC (often a
printer port), or using a response device that converts the trigger signal
to a (simulated) key stroke (like the fORP response device interface). Most
configurations can be handled using one of the available input devices in
E-Studio, such as the Port, Parallel Port or keyboard device. Just consult
the local MR support technician about the details of the configuration.

Paul