Designing the multi-stimuli Experiment

Dilip Kumar kumar.dilip86 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 07:10:39 UTC 2014

Thank You for the suggestions David Vinson and David McFarlane. I have
worked through some of your suggestions and managed make i two stimuli
experiment. I have used the TextDisplay to present the stimuli which worked
perfectly. I was also trying to use ImageDisplay to present Stimuli and
enhance the experiment design but I could not do so due to some run-time
error (image load error). The sequence of events in BlockProc structure is
as follows:

-- ImageDislpay (as stimuli) --> TextDisplay (Fixation) --> ImageDisplay
(to get response) --> Feedback

My experimental needs involve using ImageDisplay as stimulus in order to
get multiple kinds of response (Motor / Numerical / Computational &
Numerical and others) which target different brain segments.

On another note, I want to send random stimuli (both Motor and Numerical
stimulus in random order). In my design, all the motor stimuli are
presented together and same happens with numerical stimuli. I want to
present a mixture of all these stimuli but i'm stuck in between. I tried
using ranm selection from Blocklist properties but could not do so.

Any suggestions for using  ImageDisplay as Stimuli are highly recommended
and will be appreciable.

Thanks and Regards,
Dilip