Errors running two movie objects back to back (white screen and audio problems for 2nd video)

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon Mar 31 19:34:08 UTC 2014

Movies make life difficult for any experiment software I know.  Often
the problem comes from the movie files, not necessarily the
experiment software.  Remember that how a movie file works in Windows
Media Player or any other software tells you nothing about how that
file will work in E-Prime.  So first you need to find out whether the
problem pertains to your movie files, or to E-Prime.

I would start by making a simple E-Prime program that does nothing
but play my movie files, in Sequential order.  Then I would try
running in Random order.  If all my movie files succeeded under those
conditions, then I would incrementally change my test program (or
actually, a copy of my test program) to make it more and more like my
experiment program, hoping to sneak up on the culprit that breaks my
experiment program.

Oh, I would also use the Codec Config utility that comes with EP2.

Just some general troubleshooting advice there.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster )

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at https://support.pstnet.com , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST offers several instructional videos on their
YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ).  4) If you do
get an answer from PST staff, please extend the courtesy of posting
their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----