Visual Analog scale position logging

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Mon May 5 07:57:39 UTC 2014

Hi Matt,

I think that would be possible by modifying the DragScale function in the
VAS.epk2 package. A while-loop is used in this function to refresh the
needle when it is moved around. It's not very difficult to add a few lines
that will save the needle position periodically. The modified attachment
should do something like that. The 1-sec positions are now saved as
attribute with incremental suffix (xyz.1, xyz.2 etc.). Another option would
be to force logging at each interval by inserting a call to c.Log. In that
case it is not required anymore to add the suffix, so all results would be
inserted into the same xyz column of the output file. However, you will get
more rows instead of columns.

Best
Paul

P.S. These are the inserted lines:

*line 10+11:*
Dim lSavePosAt As Long ' next time to save position
Dim lSavePosCount As Integer ' counter to

*line 41+42:*
lSavePosAt = Clock.ReadMillisec + 1000 ' save position every second
lSavePosCount = 0

*lines 133-141:*
    If Clock.ReadMillisec>=lSavePosAt Then
        lSavePosAt = lSavePosAt + 1000
        lSavePosCount = lSavePosCount + 1
        percent = 100*((ptPress.X-VAS_SliderDummy.Left)/sw)
        If percent<0 Then percent = 0
        If percent>100 Then percent = 100
        ' save the percent value
        c.SetAttrib attributeName & "." & CStr(lSavePosCount), percent
    End If