Need to make a masked priming protocol portable

JoAnn Silkes jsilkes at uw.edu
Mon Oct 6 20:26:51 UTC 2014

Hi, Everyone -

I'm currently running a masked priming protocol using a CRT monitor with a
100 Hz refresh rate, allowing me to get down as low as 10 ms presentations
for masked primes. Because my project is longitudinal, it requires many
sessions over several weeks. I'm having trouble finding enough participants
who meet my criteria and are able to come in 3-5 times a week for 6-8
weeks, but would have no problem getting enough people if I could go to
them.

So far as I can determine, there really isn't a good way to maintain the
tight temporal control that I need on a portable system with a LCD screen,
such as a laptop. Wondering if maybe I'm missing something and anybody has
any suggestions for how I might be able to make this happen.

Thanks for any ideas that you may have.

JoAnn.