Continuous Performance Task

richard at wermes.de richard at wermes.de
Thu Sep 11 14:02:25 UTC 2014

I would like to implement a Continuous Performance Task (CTP). With this
task, single letters are presented and subjects are asked to react whenever
they detect an X, appearing after an O appeared. I need about 500 trials
for that and lets say 50 target-combinations.

The only idea that come to my mind was creating a list including the
variables stimulus1 and stimulus2, including a procedure showing two
textdisplays in a row (stimulus1 and stimulus2). My problem with that: I
would need 250 rows in that list. If I had less rows and random cycles, i
might get additional unwanted target-combinations..

Any ideas for different, more ellegant approches?