Using Tobii extension for eprime with a mouse device

Kim Lewis kllewis89 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 20:19:28 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,
I'm attempting to incorporate the Tobii eyetracker extension into an eprime
experiment and we want to allow participants to click with the mouse rather
than use a keyboard for a response. The issue we're running into is that it
appears the way the Tobii extension works is it treats the eye gaze
fixation point as a cursor, so if we attempt to show the actual mouse
cursor on the screen the cursor moves with the eye gaze as well.

Before I go in depth into my design setup and inline I just want to know if
anyone else has tried to do something similar, or if this is even possible?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
-Kim