[Ethnocomm] cultural foundations of communication research

David Boromisza-Habashi dbh at Colorado.EDU
Wed Jul 18 18:17:51 UTC 2018

Hi All,

An org comm colleague of mine is investigating the US American cultural foundations of communication research, and asked me for relevant references. So far, I am planning to share with her Gerry's (2015) "Paying lip service to "speech" in disciplinary naming, 1914-1954," Peters's Speaking into the Air, and Cameron's Good to Talk, all of which draw on EC scholarship to say important things about the role of US American conceptions of communication in the formation of Communication as a discipline and as an expert system.

I would be grateful if you could share with me any additional references that come to mind!

Cheers, David

---
David Boromisza-Habashi, Ph.D. (he/him/his)
Associate Professor
Department of Communication
University of Colorado Boulder
CMCI<http://www.colorado.edu/cmci/people/communication/david-boromisza-habashi> | Academia.edu<https://colorado.academia.edu/DavidBoromiszaHabashi> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/dr_dbh>