[Ethnocomm] Assistant Professor positions in Org Com

Sunny Lie sunnylie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 00:46:06 UTC 2019

Dear EC colleagues and friends,

We have two open positions for assistant professor in Org Com and would
very much appreciate it if you could share our announcement (pasted
below) with your Ph.D. students who are on the market. A more detailed
announcement is also attached.

Faculty in our department feels more like family than mere colleagues. Our
students are mostly first-generation college goers who are hardworking and
respectful towards us faculty. It's a super healthy and great place to work!

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Cheers!

Sunny

*Organizational Communication*

* Assistant Professor*

*COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT*

We invite applications for the position of *Assistant Professor*of
Communication in Organizational Communication for appointment beginning in
the 2020-2021 academic year. *Duties and Responsibilities*: Teach
undergraduate courses in Organizational Communication that cover some
combination of the following areas: organizational communication; advanced
organizational communication; training and development; persuasion;
professional writing and speaking; negotiation and conflict resolution;
communication research; advanced communication research; group
communication; organizational communication and technology;  and additional
courses in the applicant’s area of expertise. Position requires excellence
in teaching and advising, research and publication, and service to the
department, the university, and the discipline.*Minimum Qualifications*:
Ph.D. in Communication Studies or a communication-related field at the time
of appointment;demonstrated potential for continued and substantive
scholarly research and publication; anddemonstrated ability to work in a
multicultural environment and contribute to the diversity and excellence of
the academic community. The position is open until filled. First
consideration will be given to completed applications received no later
than *October 18, 2019*. Electronic submissions of all application
materials must be submitted online via Interfolio at
http://apply.interfolio.com/65972
<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapply.interfolio.com%2F65972&data=02%7C01%7Cslie%40cpp.edu%7C7a161d7aafd24214cb1208d71457144f%7C164ba61e39ec4f5d89ffaa1f00a521b4%7C0%7C0%7C637000237093152403&sdata=6qUoH1gLKSO94NIVKACtSnUz6xqiHGT3xti58Vz9I5c%3D&reserved=0>.
General questions can be submitted to vmkey at cpp.edu. *California State
Polytechnic University, Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action
Employer.*