[etnolinguistica] Conferência: Tipologia de Línguas Ativo-Estativas (Alemanha, maio/2005)

Eduardo Rivail Ribeiro erribeir at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Jul 9 10:50:07 UTC 2004

Aos que já receberam esta mensagem, minhas desculpas.
Atenciosamente,
Eduardo

[Reproduzido da LINGUIST List: Vol-15-2025, 6 Jul 2004]
Date:  Tue, 6 Jul 2004 18:10:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:  sa_conf at eva.mpg.de
Subject:  The Typology of Stative-Active Languages

The Typology of Stative-Active Languages

Date: 20-May-2005 - 22-May-2005
Location: Leipzig, Germany
Contact: Claudia Büchel
Contact Email: sa_conf at eva.mpg.de
Meeting URL: http://email.eva.mpg.de/~wichmann/as_gen.html

Linguistic Sub-field: General Linguistics, Language Description,
Typology
Call Deadline: 01-Dec-2004

Meeting Description:

The aim of the conference is to explore similarities and differences
among languages of the 'stative-active' (or 'split intransitive',
'agent-patient', 'agentive', etc.) marking type. In particular we
welcome papers that address issues of argument structure and voice (or
other valency) related phenomena in such languages, areas where
stative-active languages are likely to show common behaviour distinct
from languages without stative-active morphology. Other phenomena that
are of the interest for the typology of stative-active languages are
not excluded, however. Our primary focus is on classic cases of
stative-active languages where an agentive S is encoded, through case
marking, verbal agreement, or both, in the same way as A and
non-agentive S in the same way as P. We do not, however, exclude other
cases, as long as the agentive vs. non-agentive distinction is a
pervasive feature of the grammar. Papers can be language-specific,
reporting on field research on individual stative-active languages, or
might directly address typological issues from a broader perspective.

The time allotted for presentation and discussion is 20 + 10
minutes. English is the preferred language at the conference.

Invited speakers:
Johanna Nichols (U. California, Berleley)
Marianne Mithun (U. California, Santa Barbara)
Marian Klamer (Leiden University)

Organisers:
Mark Donohue (National University of Singapore)
Søren Wichmann (Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology)
[local organiser]

Conference Coordinator:
Claudia Büchel

Abstracts:

Please send a one-page abstract to:

sa_conf at eva.mpg.de

Abstracts should arrive no later than December 1, 2004. The title of
the paper, the name(s) of the author(s), and one mailing address, with
telephone, fax, and email address as available, should be included in
the body of the email, and not be included on the abstract.

Authors will be notified of their acceptance by January 1, 2005.

Although our preference is for soft copies of the abstract we also
accept snail-mailed or faxed submissions. In case you choose the
latter form of submission please use the following address:

Søren Wichmann
Deutscher Platz 6
D-04103 Leipzig/Germany
Fax +49-341-3550-333

Please check the conference URL for practical information as well as
updates on the conference.

Eduardo Rivail Ribeiro
Museu Antropológico, Universidade Federal de Goiás
Department of Linguistics, University of Chicago
http://www.etnolinguistica.org