Marking of possessor and A and/or S with the same set of affixes

Mateus Carvalho mateuscmcarvalho at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 25 13:33:24 UTC 2014

Prezados colegas,
a língua Deni, uma língua Arawá, também apresenta o traço mencionado pelo Jorge para a língua Mako. O marcador de posse de 1 PS em nomes inalienáveis {-u} é o mesmo que marca a 1 PS em verbos nessa língua {-u} ou {-u-}. Nos verbos, a marcação de pessoa pode ocorrer antes ou depois da raiz (ainda não consegui sistematizar isso na língua Deni). Isso ocorre também na língua Kulina (Madiha), da família Arawá e, como o Alan já havia mencionado, na língua Jarawara. Um abraço a todos,
Mateus Cruz Maciel de Carvalho

From: jorge.emilio17 at gmail.com
To: etnolinguistica at yahoogrupos.com.br
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 17:52:57 -0400
Subject: Re: [etnolinguistica] Re: Marking of possessor and A and/or S with the same set of affixes

Dear Alan (if I may),

Thank you for your reply to my question and for the reference. I will make sure to look into Jarawara and the other Arawá languages.

Regards,

Jorge

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Alan Vogel <alan_vogel at sil.org> wrote:

Yes Jorge, a language that fits the profile you mentioned is Jarawara, and
I believe all the languages of the Arawá family are this way. For Jarawara, see
RMW Dixon, The Jarawara Language of Southern Amazonia (2004).

Alan Vogel
SIL-Brasil