forward: temporary position

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at TAMU.EDU
Wed Jun 13 14:46:17 UTC 2001

Sorry for the off-topic posting, but I thought some folks here might be
interested. Don't reply to me; I'm forwarding this for a friend.

Mary
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi

English.  Two one-year visiting assistant professorships beginning Fall
term, 2001.  Successful candidates will teach upper-division classes in
rhetoric/composition and have experience teaching (Position 1) technical
writing and (Position 2) linguistics, as well as lower-division literature
surveys (Literature of the Western World) and composition.  Ph.D. preferred;
ABD considered.  Send application letter and placement file or vita,
photocopies of graduate transcripts, and three letters of reference to Dr.
Javier Villarreal, College of Arts and Humanities, Texas A&M
University-Corpus Christi, 6300 Ocean Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78412.
Evaluation of files will begin July 2 and continue until the positions are
filled.  The sixteen-member A&M-CC English faculty emphasizes teaching,
equal respect for literature and writing and linguistics, and service to the
diverse communities of South Texas.  A rapidly growing institution, Texas
A&M University-Corpus Christi is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a
commitment to diversity and specifically encourages women and minorities to
apply.