job announcement

Linda R. Waugh lrw1 at CORNELL.EDU
Fri Oct 4 23:57:35 UTC 1996

The Department of Modern Languages (DML) at Cornell has a tenure-track
position for
August 1997 for an assistant professor or beginning associate professor.
The candidate will
work with the faculty of the DML in the governance of our language programs.
We are
looking for someone in an area which concerns language use, including
sociolinguistics,
ethnolinguistics, discourse analysis, languages in contact, corpus
linguistics, etc.  The
successful candidate will have strong credentials in either Chinese, German
or Russian.
Fluency in one of these languages is essential; language teaching experience
is desirable; and
an interest in other languages is a plus, but not necessary. Strong
credentials in research and
publications are essential.  Send letter of application, CV and any
supporting documentation,
and have three letters of recommendation sent to: Linda Waugh, Chair, Dept.
of Modern
Languages, Morrill Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853.
Inquiries may also
be addressed by e-mail to: lrw1 at cornell.edu.  Review of applications will
begin Dec. 9, but
we would like to hear from interested candidates as soon as possible.  We
will be conducting
interviews at the MLA and LSA.  Cornell is an AA/EO Employer.