bees

Matthew S Dryer dryer at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Tue Apr 8 00:05:16 UTC 1997

I think neither Lise's suggestion regarding a slip of the
tongue or John's suggestion re the influence of Black English
are plausible.  As I reported in my response to Tom's query a
couple of days ago, I have heard the phenomenon sufficiently
often, and only with volitional predicates (like "crazy" and
"quiet"), and by Canadians with little or no exposure to
Black English, and neither of these hypotheses would account
for these observations.

Matthew Dryer