Language,thought,...

Bella Kotik mskotik at PLUTO.MSCC.HUJI.AC.IL
Tue Dec 23 07:27:50 UTC 1997

At 09:55 AM 12/20/97 +330,Rami Akbari wrote
>Dear Funknetters,
>For a research proposal, I am suggesting the following hierarchy:
>1-Mind
>2-Thought
>3-Intelligence
>4-Cognition
>Do you think that this hierarchy is valid ?Is intelligence part of thought
>or vice versa?Do you believe that cognition is part of intelligence?
>I will be glad to receive your comments.
>Best wishes,
>Ramin Akbari,
>English Department,
>Tarbiat Modaress University,
>Tehran,Iran.

I think it would be more fruitful if the aim of research would be clear,
since really there is cross-cuttings and overlapping of the concepts in
literature. Thus, the system you choose is dependent on the purpose. Is it
research in philosophy, psychology or psycholinguistics makes difference.
Best wishes
Bella Kotik
School of Education,
Hebrew university of Jerusalem,