free rides

Gilles Fauconnier faucon at COGSCI.UCSD.EDU
Mon Feb 10 03:05:16 UTC 1997

Most recent exchange on funknet:

Everett:
... That is a blatant non sequitur. (And I am still waiting for
a reply to Ted Gibson's criticism in Language (couple of years back)
of the Competition Model, since you cite your own work ...)

McWhinney:
Liz Bates and I sent in a reply to Gibson when the article came out,
but
the editor of Language refused to publish it.

Everett:
[...I was an Associate Editor of Language ...]
it was (and I am nearly certain still is) the policy of Language not
to publish replies to reviews, period.
There are no free rides in the journal.

So, what exactly was Everett waiting for? Another non sequitur?

gilles