Apology; subject-object flip-flop

David Tuggy david_tuggy at SIL.ORG
Mon Apr 24 12:46:25 UTC 2000

     Oy!

     I apparently hit the wrong button and got a half-baked message into my
     outbox instead of the drafts box. I apologize to you all, and
     particularly to the organizers of the "Conference: Syntax & Semantics
     in Dubrovnik", whose subject line wound up on my message even though
     the message had nothing to do with the conference.

     But, I am interested in the question (about structures that flip-flop
     their subject and object) and would be interested in you all's ideas
     about what functional pressures shape such anomalies.

     --David Tuggy