Reflexives and language acquisition

Wolfgang Schulze W.Schulze at LRZ.UNI-MUENCHEN.DE
Fri Apr 28 12:19:17 UTC 2000

Dear Funknetters,

I currently prepare a course on the typology of reflexives. Apart from
standard issues I want to raise the question whether the description of
how reflexives structures are acquired by children can contribute to a
better understanding of the cognitive foundations of reflexivity. Doing
so, I allude to recent proposals to introduce aspects of language
acquisition as another (important) parameter to explain linguistic (and
functional) variation. My question now is whether there is any relevant
literature on the acquisition of reflexive structure (both with respect
to single languages and cross-linguistically)  that I may have
overlooked.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

--
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schulze