Dyslexia

Dan I. SLOBIN slobin at COGSCI.BERKELEY.EDU
Wed Mar 21 04:22:36 UTC 2001

It has been reported that dyslexia is absent in China, due to a writing
system that does not require analysis of words into sound units.
Apparently when Romanization was introduced as a means of beginning
literacy, millions of dyslexics were suddenly evident.

-Dan Slobin
Dept of Psychology
University of California, Berkeley