maxim of jokes telling

Bernard Ang bernard_ang82 at telkom.net
Sat Jul 31 13:53:20 UTC 2004

Sorry, i don't know how to call you!

I have a problem with my thesis! I have difficulties in
finding example for maxim for non-bonafide communication
or maxim of joke telling! I hope you give me the examples!

      Quantity: Give exactly as much information as is
necessary for the joke. can you give me the example and
why it is funny.

      Quality: Say only what is compatible with the world
of the joke. can you give the example and explain what
situation that compatible for the joke?

      Relation: Say only what is relevant to the joke. can
you give me the example and explain why it is funny. and
what situation that relevant for the joke?

      Manner: Tell the joke efficiently. can you give the
example and why it is funny and efficient for the joke

I hope you reply soon. Thank you very much!

Regards

Bernard