Image Schemas and Linguistic Relativity

Rob Freeman rjfreeman at email.com
Sun May 9 06:03:39 UTC 2004

Resignation is harsh punishment. But I think it is worth chasing such
statements in public announcements, simply because there are going to be many
less well informed, more easily influenced, individuals who won't see the
posturing as provocative, but will assume it is the accepted position.

In linguistics perhaps less so than in German politics... or perhaps not :-)

Anyway, I'm glad to see the issue of subjectivity in "image schemas" has had a
good airing on the list.

I hope you have a good workshop Monica.

Best,

Rob Freeman