Lakoff critique

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Fri Jun 10 12:16:31 UTC 2005

The following essay is devoted to a short piece that Lakoff wrote around
the turn of the present year

Were the brief article that George Lakoff published in The Nation
(December 6, 2004) not so insidiously dangerous, it might be thought to
have met the highest standards of political farce and parody. That is
the way I would have taken it were I not simultaneously involved in
reading some of Lakoff's other panegyrics to the great "democratic",
"progressive" American citizenry, who, we are told, in the article cited
above, initially, "came together in this election, voted for Kerry and
rejected the Bush agenda".

Full:
http://www.counterpunch.org/lichtman05282005.html