Science Proves Linguists are Different!

Mark P. Line mark at polymathix.com
Sun Apr 9 15:27:51 UTC 2006

jess tauber wrote:
> Linguists 'have different brains'- short blip in the BBC News pages:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/4883418.stm

It strikes me that the BBC article says nothing about the subjects' ages,
and that that would make a lot of difference if you're trying to make
causal inferences between L2 acquisition and neuroanatomy. For the time
being, I'll assume that these linguists (sic) have different brains
because they've been using them differently than non-linguists (sic).

Maybe somebody has the paper in Cerebral Cortex handy and can tell us more.

-- Mark

Mark P. Line
Polymathix
San Antonio, TX