A query...

Gwen Alexandra Frishkoff sasha at cs.uoregon.edu
Tue Oct 24 16:10:06 UTC 2006

Hello. I agree that there is a good case to be made for databasing in
linguistics. Moreover, there is a healthy & growing field in computational
science that can support these kinds of activities. Linguists should not
feel that they need to go it alone. I think NSF would be pleased to
support well-conceived proposals for linguists and computational
scientists to collaborate.

Best wishes,
Gwen F

Gwen Alexandra ("Sasha") Frishkoff, Ph.D.

Research Fellow					Research Scientist
Learning Research and Development Center	NeuroInformatics Center
3939 O'Hara St, room 642			University of Oregon
University of Pittsburgh			1600 Millrace Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15260				Eugene, OR 97403

gwenf at pitt.edu OR sasha at cs.uoregon.edu
tel 412-260-8010 (cell)
     412-624-7081 (office)
fax 412-624-9149

"Maybe in order to understand mankind we have to look at that word itself.
MANKIND. Basically, it's made up of two separate words 'mank' and 'ind.'
What do these words mean? It's a mystery and that's why so is mankind."
 							-- Jack Handy