PirahN

A. Katz amnfn at well.com
Wed Apr 25 19:03:30 UTC 2007

Things composed of atoms don't look like giant atoms, but the
subcomponents of trees -- trunks, branches, twigs, etc. -- do look like
each other. I'm talking about real trees, not the abstract kind used by
Chomsky. It's as if the program for making a tree had a subroutine that
said "grow a branch". It looks as if the tree growing program
called on the same subroutine many times during the life of the tree.

This type of iteration is found throughout nature. It is more than
hierarchy, and the effect is not redundancy. It's getting a lot of mileage
out of the same pattern.

     --Aya Katz

Dr. Aya Katz, Inverted-A, Inc, P.O. Box 267, Licking, MO
65542 USA
(417) 457-6652 (573) 247-0055
http://www.well.com/user/amnfn