textbook?

Wendy Smith wsmith at csusb.edu
Thu Sep 4 17:34:34 UTC 2008

There is a good book entitled Discourse and Identity by Bethan Benwell
and Elizabeth Stokoe  which describes several approaches to analyzing
transcripts, including CA. It also deals with CDA--can't remember if it
includes written texts. Barbara Johnstone's Discourse Analysis is
wonderful this way (for written text). Also, there is a  British text
which deals with analyzing spoken language (and has some application for
teaching)--can't remember the name. It is in my office. I think it's
Analyzing Spoken Language.