voice and race recognition

s.t. bischoff bischoff.st at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 19:33:26 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Thanks for the stimulating responses, as Claire Bowern notes there has been
a good deal of research in this area going back at least to the 1970s.
However, the overwhelming majority seems to be coming from
social-psychology. I suppose my linguistic bias lead me to think that most
such work would be coming out of linguistics (socio or anthropological).

Thanks again,
Shannon
PS The NPR test is clever...I've often tried to imagine the  presenters and
guests background and likeness...curiously I've never gone online to check.