Associative plurals

Marianne Mithun mithun at linguistics.ucsb.edu
Tue Apr 5 03:24:22 UTC 2011

There is an article on this:

Corbett, Grevill and Marianne Mithun. 1996. Associative forms in a typology
of number systems: evidence from Yup'ik. Journal of Linguistics 32: 1-17.

Central Alaska Yup'ik Eskimo, and Central Pomo, among many other languages
have these. You can add them to proper names.

Marianne Mithun

--On Monday, April 04, 2011 9:59 PM -0500 David Tuggy <david_tuggy at sil.org>