voice adjustment room

anne marie devlin anne_mariedevlin at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 8 11:14:00 UTC 2011

Dear all,
following on from the thread re: accent correction for Rwandans doing business in the States, I'd just like to draw your attention to a clip from the Irish comedy/satire programme the Savage Eye.  It recently featured a skit on the 'voice correction room' - a place where prospective Eastern European bar staff are taken to be turned into authentic Irish bar staff.   I've given the link for the entire programme, but the relevant part starts at about 3mins 16secs and lasts for about 45 secs.  There is also a bit further on which deals with accent.  As a warning, the programme is not for the sensitive and contains lots of profanities.  http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1091000.  If this link doesn't work in your area and you would like to see it, I can send it to you individually.
AM