Grammars and Texts

s.t. bischoff bischoff.st at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 13:15:40 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have been working with a number of legacy materials related to the Coeur
d'Alene language (Salish/USA) which is no longer learned by children and
spoken by perhaps 3 elderly speakers. I have created a website where the
majority of the materials can be accessed
online<http://academic.uprm.edu/%7Esbischoff/crd_archive/start1.html>.
However, I would like to create one or two print volumes that contain all
the information in one place. I would like to update the grammar that was
published in 1938 (e.g. update orthography of examples from Boazian to IPA,
update what is now known of person marking), as well as provide the texts in
updated orthography and with English glosses and facsimiles of originals.
I'm wondering if any one can direct me to examples of (a) descriptive
grammars, and (b) text analysis that are widely considered excellent in
terms of organization and presentation.

Thanks,
Shannon